Kale Chips (or Swiss Chard) Chips
Cooking time: 15 minutesr
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 10 oz. chopped kale (or Swiss chard)
- 1 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- Wash kale and remove large stems.
- Mix all ingredients and toss until all leaves are coated
- Spread in single layer on cookie sheets or grilling racks.
- Bake at 350 deg.F for 12 - 15 minutes, until leaves are dry.
Eat chips the day you bake them. They absorb moisture quickly and get limp overnight. (Or, reheat them in the oven until crispy again.)
Modified from a recipe received 4/9/2010 from Kirsten Cozzitorti of Oakland, CA.
Prepackaged chopped kale comes in 10 oz. bags. You can also use bunches of kale.
I got 6 oz. of kale after tearing off the leaves from one bunch.
Up a Level Return to Home Page