Cooking time: 12 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (e.g. Tony Chachere's)
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- Spread sesame seeds on cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes at 300 deg.F.
- Drain and save liquid from garbanzo beans.
- Pour lemon juice, clopped garlic, sesame oil and seasoning into food blender.
- Turn on blender and slowly add garbanzo beans. Stop periodically to push beans down.
- Add in about 1/2 cup of juice drained from beans to get smooth consistency.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with sesame seeds.
Good served as a dip with chips or raw vegetables. Also good spread on crackers or pita bread.
Modified from a recipe from Mary Fujii.
Up a Level Return to Home Page