Balsamic Glazed Pork
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 6 oz. pork tenderloin, 1" thick
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- Simmer vinegar and rosemary until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Remove rosemary, stir in sugar until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Coat pork with vinegar glaze. Recoat after 10 minutes.
- Fry pork over medium heat 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile heat apple sauce with excess glaze. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve apple sauce over pork.
This is a tasty no-salt alternative for soy, teriyaki, or fish sauce.
Inspired by a recipe in the 9/17/2003 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page