Pan Fried Cod Fish with Garlic Mushrooms
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb. cod fish fillet
- 1/4 t. Cajun red pepper seasoning
- 1 T. flour
- 2 t. mild olive oil
- 2 small Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Wash cod fish and pat dry. Season both sides and rub with flour to coat.
- Heat frying pan until water drops sizzle. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute 5 more minutes, until browned.
- Remove from pan and save in bowl.
- Reheat frying pan and add remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add fish and saute 5 minutes.
- Turn fish and add white wine. Cover and steam 5 more minutes.
- Gently remove fish. Serve topped with mushrooms, pan juices and lemon juice.
Up a Level Return to Home Page