Fish Piccata with Raisins
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb. fish fillets (I use tilapia)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 t. corn starch
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 t. flour
- 1 t. capers
- 1 T. raisins
- 1/4 cup water ( or broth )
- Mix bread crumbs and corn starch. Coat fish with it.
- Heat frying pan until water drops sizzle. Add 1 T. olive oil. Fry fish 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Gently turn fish and fry another 2 minutes.
- Add wine, cover and steam 4 minutes.
- Remove fish to warm plates, top with pan drippings and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan, reheat and add 1 T. olive oil.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until the flour turns caramel color.
- Add water, capers and raisins. Cook while stirring 5 minutes on low heat to thicken.
- Serve fish and top with piccata sauce.
Inspired by a recipe in the October 20, 2010 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page