Cooking time: About 35 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 cup cubed potato
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup yellow onion, cut in thin rings
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t. dry dill
- 1 T. flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 oz. white fish (like tilapia)
- 6 oz. shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 t. dry parsley flakes
- Heat wok or Dutch oven until water drops sizzle. Add 1 tablespoon of mild olive oil.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, clove, bay leaf and dill. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add flour and saute 1 minute.
- Add boiling water. Tightly cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add fish, shrimp and wine. Tightly cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the clove and bay leaf.
- Add the milk and heat with stirring for 3 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, topped with parsley
Based on a recipe in Jane Brody's "Good Food Book" 1985, p. 341
Up a Level Return to Home Page