Baked Chicken with Cornflakes
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 T. corn flakes (or bran flakes), crushed
- 1/2 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 t. paprika
- 6 oz. lean boneless chicken breast
- 2 T. egg substitute
- 1 t. capers, drained
- 1 T. chopped parsley
- 1 T. chopped lettuce
- 1 T. chopped scallion (white part)
- 1 t. mild olive oil
- 1 t. fresh-squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
Modified from recipe for "Oven Fried Chicken" in Jan. 14, 2001 issue of Parade Magazine.
- Mix crushed corn flakes, seasoning and paprika in shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken with egg substitute.
- Coat chicken with corn flake mixture. Try to cover it well.
- Put chicken in shallow pan and bake 40 minutes in oven preheated to 350 deg. F.
- Mix topping in small bowl.
- When chicken is done, divide onto two plates. Spoon on topping and top with lemon wedge.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Up a Level Return to Home Page