Coq Au Vin Blanc
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 small carrots, cut into thirds
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1/4 t. crumbled dry thyme (or 1 t. fresh thyme)
- 1 T. catsup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 T. flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Trim fat from chicken. Wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in heavy skillet or wok. Brown chicken about 5 minutes on each side. Remove.
- Stir-fry carrots, onions, and mushrooms 5 minutes in 1 T. olive oil.
- Add garlic to vegetables and stir fry another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and all other ingredients (except for flour and cold water). Simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Put flour and cold water in small sealable container and shake vigorously. Stir into coq au vin and simmer 5 minutes.
Good served with Parmesan Polenta., rice, or couscous.
Up a Level Return to Home Page