Cooking time: About 6 minutes
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8 oz. 2 cod fish (or tilapia) fillets.
- 1 dash of salt and pepper
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 Romano tomato, diced (or 1 T. diced jalepena peppers)
- 2 olives, sliced thinly (or 2 t. capers)
- 1/2 t. dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 t. dried thyme, crushed
- Dry the fish and sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Add fish and cook 1 minute on each side.
- Top fish with sliced olives (or capers), diced tomato (or peppers) and thyme. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Top with basil. Cover and cook 2 minutes more until you can flake fish with a fork.
Modified from recipe collected 1/9/2002 at Andronico's Market, Berkeley. CA
Updated 11/29/22 to use tilapia, jalepena peppers and capers rather than tomato and olives.
Up a Level Return to Home Page