Clam Sauce with Parsley
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. canned clams, minced
- 1 stalk celery (chopped) [optional]
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Mash garlic with the side of a knife, remove skin and chop.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add clam juice [, optional celery, ] and half of the parsley. Cover and heat to a boil.
- Add clams and heat through. If you cook the clams too long, they get rubbery.
- Serve over pasta and top with the rest of the parsley and grated cheese.
Based on a recipe from the James Beard Cookbook, 1959
Up a Level Return to Home Page