Cooking time: 45 minutes
Prep time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Ingredients for Salsa
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper or tomato, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 T. orange juice
- 6 mint leaves, chopped (or 1 T. fresh cilantro)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, in two pieces
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 4 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- Separate the orange into segments and cut them in half.
- Mix all ingredients for the salsa and let flavors blend 20 - 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Brown chicken about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cumin and black pepper on top of the chicken pieces. Turn and brown another 5 minutes.
- Spread out chicken and potatoes in oven-proof dish. Rinse skillet drippings over chicken with 2 T. water (or white wine).
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve chicken and potatoes, topped with salsa.
Adapted 6/8/08 from a recipe that appeared in "American Lifestyle" (originally from "The Berghoff Family Cookbook")
Up a Level Return to Home Page