Baked Quesadillas with Chicken
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 t. soy sauce
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 romano tomato, chopped
- 4 oz. grated low-fat or non-fat cheese, (mozzarella, cheddar, Swiss)
- 4 8" flour tortillas
- Thinly slice chicken and marinate 20 minutes in soy sauce.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute chicken, onions, and mushrooms about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 deg. F.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with PAM cooking spray. Place sprayed side down on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Divide chicken mixture and spread over one half of each tortilla, leaving about 1/2" clear along the curved edge.
- Spread tomatos over chicken mixture and top with cheese. Fold empty halves of tortillas on top of chicken/cheese mixture.
- Place another cookie sheet on top of quesadillas and bake on lowest rack in oven 8 minutes.
Adapted from recipe by Pam Anderson in San Francisco Chronicle May 5, 2002.
Up a Level Return to Home Page