Chicken with Bok Choy and Fish Sauce
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 lb. bok choy (one bunch)
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 8 oz. chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t. corn starch
- 2 T. cold water
- 1 T. fish sauce (Thai or Vietnamese)
- Heat 1 quart of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Separate bok choy leaves, coarsely chop, and boil 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a wok.
- Add thinly sliced chicken and garlic. Stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add drained bok choy and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Mix cold water, corn starch, and fish sauce in small jar. Close lid and shake well.
- Add starch/sauce mixture and stir fry 3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Modified from a recipe in the April 27, 2005 San Francisco Chronicle, p. F4
Up a Level Return to Home Page