Cooking time: About 50 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 9 servings
- 1 cup flour (cake)
- 5 T. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil (or butter)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 14 oz. can sour cherries, pitted and drained
- Spray cooking spray on bottom of 9" square baking pan.
- Blend first 3 ingredients and form into even layer on bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350 deg.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over baked crust. Bake 40 minutes in 350 deg. oven.
Modification of recipe received from Dorothy Clemens of Berkeley, California, Feb. 20, 2000
Up a Level Return to Home Page