Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Cooking time: 75 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5-6 servings
- 2 lb. peeled and cubed butternut squash.
- 12 oz. peeled and chopped tart apples
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t. curry powder
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange squash cubes in single layer. Bake 45 min. at 400 deg.F
- Heat olive oil in wok or heavy pot. Saute apples, onion, celery, and bay leaf 10 minutes (covered).
- Add garlic and curry. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add squash and broth. Simmer 30 minutes (covered).
- Remove bay leaf and mash squash cubes.
- Top with cheese and serve.
Recipe adapted from "Curried Butternut Soup", in Oct. 2002 "Cooking Light".
Up a Level Return to Home Page