Brussel Sprouts Simmered In Olive Oil And Garlic
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 brussel sprouts
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Wash brussel sprouts and pat dry (important). Cut in half length-wise.
- Mash the garlic clove but leave it in one piece.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute garlic 3 minutes until it starts to brown. Remove garlic.
- Add brussel sprouts, cut-side down, cover, and simmer 18 minutes.
- Serve hot, drizzled with any remaining oil.
Since discovering mojo de ajo in 2013, I leave out the olive oil and garlic, and replace them with 1 T. mojo de ajo (garlic roasted in olive oil)
From a recipe in "The Joy of Cooking", which uses butter or butter/oil.
Up a Level Return to Home Page