Beef Stew with Beer
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. beef, in 1/2" cubes
- 3 T. flour
- 1/2 t. cajun seasonings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, in 3/4" cubes
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz. beer
- 1/4 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. thyme
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Coat beef with a mixture of 2 T. flour and 1/4 t. cajun seasoning.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in wok (or heavy skillet). Add beef to hot oil, turning to brown all sides. Set aside.
- Clean wok and heat remaining 1 T. of olive oil.
- Stir-fry celery, onions, mushrooms, and carrots 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, beer, bouillon, and remaining 1/4 t. cajun seasoning.
- Cover and Simmer 40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Put 1 T. flour and 1/4 cup cold water in tightly lidded jar and shake vigorously.
- Add beef, oregano, and thyme to stew.
- Stir flour mixture into stew and simmer 5 minutes. Add water if too thick.
Up a Level Return to Home Page