Stir-fried Shrimp with Asparagus and Ginger
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. deveined, cooked shrimp
- 8 oz. asparagus, cut into 2-inch segments
- 1/2 cup. chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup. sliced mushrooms
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 t. flour
- 1 T. water
- 1/4 t. powdered ginger
- Marinade shrimp in soy sauce and wine 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Mix flour, ginger, and 1 T. COLD water as a sauce.
- Heat olive oil in wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus pieces (except for the tops) and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus tops and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain marinade from shrimp and add it to the sauce.
- Add shrimp to wok, add 2 T. water. Cover and steam 4 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add water if sauce gets too thick.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Up a Level Return to Home Page