Cooking time: About 50 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 9 servings
- 4-6 apples
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oleo (or butter)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Peel and slice apples into greased baking dish. Add 1/8 - 1/4 cup water if apples aren't juicy.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (and a little sugar if apples are tart).
- Put the crust ingredients (shortening, flour and sugar) in a bowl.
- Mix by cutting with a knife through the ingredients until they become crumbly (like coarse bread crumbs).
- Spread this crust mixture over apples. Bake 40 minutes in 350 deg. oven.
Modification of Mae Stangeland's recipe (received from Marilyn Stangeland, Illinois June 12, 2003). Marilyn says this topping also works well with other fruit.
Up a Level Return to Home Page