Ukrainian Pickled Tomatoes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Pickling time: 3+ days
Makes: 3 cupss
- 20 oz. ripe tomatoes
- 2 guajillo peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. chopped herbs (mint, thyme, basil, etc.)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. pickle juice (or brine - 1/4 c. water plus 1 t. salt)
- 1 T. sugar
- Cut tomatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop peppers and saute 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add all ingredients and pack into a quart jar.
- If needed, add enough brine to cover.
- Cover loosely and store at least 3 days in refrigerator.
- Tomatoes will keep at least a month.
Serve as an appetizer or with eggs.
Up a Level Return to Home Page