Tilapia with Lemon Sauce
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8 oz. tilapia fillets (2)
- 3 T. bread crumbs
- 2 t. corn starch
- 1/4 t. Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 4 T. white wine
- If frozen, put tilapia fillets in a plastic bag and thaw 30 minutes in container of water.
- Mix bread crumbs, corn starch and seasoning and use to bread fillets. Save extra breading.
- Heat oil to medium in a skillet and fry fillets 8 minutes. Turn and fry 2 minutes.
- Pour wine and lemon juice in pan between fillets and sprinkle breading into liquid.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes to make a gravy-like sauce. Add water if too thick.
- Serve with cooked rice, pouring sauce over fish and rice.
Up a Level Return to Home Page