Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 T. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1   clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 oz. thinly sliced cheese (Swiss, cheddar or Manchego)
Directions for Crust
- Boil water in sauce pan. Stir in corn meal.
- Add milk, salt and yogurt. Cook 5 minutes while stirring.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 1 qt. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread one half of cornmeal on bottom and up 1 inch on sides of baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes in 425 deg. F. oven. Let cool 10 minutes while you're making the filling.
- Spread filling on top of crust
- Thin remainder of corn meal with water until it will pour.
- Pour corn meal on top of filling. Bake 15 minutes at 425 deg. F.
- Top with sliced cheese and bake another 10 minutes to melt cheese.
Directions for Filling
- Saute onion and garlic 5 minutes in olive oil.
- Add ground beef, crumble and fry until brown.
- Stir in chopped olives, corn and enchilada sauce.
Up a Level Return to Home Page