Sweet Potato / Coconut Pudding
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour
Makes: 20 - 30 servings ( 5 pints)
- 3 lb. red sweet potatoes
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground allspice
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. fine salt
- Prick sweet potatoes several places and lay them on a baking sheet in a 400 deg. F. oven.
- Bake an hour or until a fork easily goes through a potato. Cool 15 minutes and peel.
- Puree sweet potatoes. Add all other ingredients, blend.
- Serve topped with raisins, shaved roasted coconut, granola, chopped nuts, and/or whipped cream.
Can be served cold, at room temperature, or warm. Can also be used as filling for a pumpkin pie.
Based on a recipe from the Internet.
Up a Level Return to Home Page