Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 4 oz. dry spaghetti (or angel hair)
- 2 oz. bacon crumbles
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 oz. grated Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti as per instructions on package. Pour off water and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onions and saute 10 minutes.
- Add bacon crumbles and heat 2 minutes.
- Mix onions, bacon, grated cheese and blended eggs into the hot pasta.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little water. Stir and heat 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve on 2 warm plates.
You can also substitute bacon, prosciutto or ham.
For bacon, fry bacon until crispy, drain fat and crumble.
Up a Level Return to Home Page