Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 8 biscuits
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 oz. butter, cold (one stick)
- 1 c. sourdough starter
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F.
- In a large bowl, thouroughly mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Grate butter in small batches into flour, blending each time to thoroughly coat butter.
- Add sourdough starter and stir until a ball of dough forms.
- On a floured surface, push the dough into a round, about 1 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter (Mine is 2 inches in diameter) to cut out biscuits from this round.
- Gather leftover dough and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Arrange biscuits on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes.
Based on a recipe from the Internet.
Up a Level Return to Home Page