Shrimp Salad on Toast
Cooking time: About 5 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. deveined and peeled shrimp, cooked.
- 2 T. sesame or olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup torn parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olives, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 6 slices of bread
- Slowly thaw shrimp in refrigerator (not in cold water).
- Mix in a bowl everything but the bread. Let flavors mix in refrigerator 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Lightly toast the bread. Coat one side with butter or olive oil and broil coated side until brown.
- Arrange toast on two warmed plates and top with shrimp salad mixture.
Based on a recipe from Parade Magazine, 3/22/15
Up a Level Return to Home Page