Shrimp Fried Farro
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup farro (emmer wheat)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 oz. cooked shrimp, thawed to room temperature
- Heat oil in 1 quart pan. Fry onions 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue frying 5 minutes with stirring.
- Add water, cover pan and simmer on very low heat 30 minutes until tender.
- Add thawed peas, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange thawed shrimp on top, cover and simmer 3 minutes.
This is a one-dish meal.
Up a Level Return to Home Page