Red Bean Chili (Veggie)
Total time: 1 hour
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of red kidney beans
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 oz. diced mushrooms
- 1 oz. thinly sliced carrots
- 1 dried guajillo pepper, destemmed and minced
- 6 rings of jalapeno peppers, minced (about 1 T.)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. curry powder
- 1/4 t. turmeric
- 1/4 t. paprika
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar (add at the end)
- Heat olive oil in a wok or skillet. Saute onions, garlic, jalapeno, carrots, guajillo and mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and beans (with liquids) and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and serve over cooked rice.
- Top with diced avocado if desired.
Adjust the spicy level to your taste with the jalapeno chili.
Up a Level Return to Home Page