Pork Loin Roast with Fruit Sauce
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 8 oz. pork tenderloin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 t. corn starch
- 2 T. fruit jelly (blackberry, boysenberry, cherry)
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tsp. mustard, rosemary and Creole seasoning.
- Push a meat thermometer into the center of the tenderloin. Coat loin with the mixture.
- Place pork on rack in a shallow pan. Roast 40 minutes at 375 deg. F. or until the thermometer reads 150 deg. F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, loosely tented with foil.
- Put the corn starch, apple juice and 1 tsp. mustard in a small lidded jar. Close and shade vigorously to blend.
- Pour corn starch/juice mixture into a small sauce pan. Add jelly.
- Simmer while stirring constantly until the mixture bubbles and then starts to thicken.
- Slice the roast pork and serve topped with fruit sauce.
Up a Level Return to Home Page