Cooking time: About 35 minutes
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
- 5/8 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 T. olive oil
- Mix corn meal with cold water.
- Slowly pour into a pan containing the boiling water and salt.
- Stir mixture constantly for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Spread in a 9 x 13" baking pan and cool 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Cut polenta into six pieces, either rectangles or strips.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Fry polenta 15 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm, topped with grated or sliced cheese or your favorite meat sauce.
Based on several recipes from the Internet.
Up a Level Return to Home Page