Pineapple and Bacon Pizza
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 c. self-rising flour, sifted, about 6 oz. (see below **)
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. bacon bits
- 8 oz. can of pineapple rings, each cut into quarters
- 3 oz. grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, parmesan, Manchego, and/or Swiss)
- Preheat oven to 450 deg. F
- Mix flour and yogurt until a ball of dough forms. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Form pizza dough into 12-inch disc (rolling pin or hands). Pinch edge to make a rim.
- Put pizza disc on cooking sheet or heavy griddle, lightly dusted with flour.
- Spread olive oil on top and bake 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven. Add pineapple sections and cheese. Top with bacon bits.
- Put pizza into oven and bake another 10 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes, cut and serve.
To reheat pizza slice, place it in a large skillet on medium heat for 1 minute.
Add 1 t. water, cover, turn off heat, and let it steam 2 minutes.
Based on a recipe from the Internet for simple pizza crust with only two ingredients.
** To make self-rising flour mix 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour and 2 1/4 t. baking powder.
(The directions also call for 3/4 t. salt but I omitted it).
Up a Level Return to Home Page