Prep time: About 10 minutes
Rising time: 1 hour or more or overnight in refrigerator
Cooking time: About 12 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 t. active yeast
- 1/3 c. warm water
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 oz. radish greens, washed
- 1/4 c. pepitas, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1/4 c. Manchego cheese
- 4 oz. cooked sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 1 oz. shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- Mix yeast in warm water. Let dissolve 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, water and salt 3 minutes until dough forms a ball. Let sit 1 hour or more.
- Flatten dough ball, fold in half, turn ball over and let it rest 5 minutes. Repeat folding and resting.
- Meanwhile, blend radish greens, pepitas, garlic, olive oil and Manchego cheese to make a pesto.
- Form dough into a 10-inch disk with slightly upturned rim and put into 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Heat dough on medium heat 4 minutes and remove from stove.
- Top dough still in skillet with the pesto, sausage and shredded mozzarella.
- Put skillet under broiler and broil 8 minutes or until crust is brown on edges.
The pesto is good on toast or with chips.
Up a Level Return to Home Page