Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast them 10 minutes in 300 deg. F oven.
- Meanwhile blanch garlic 1 minute in boiling water.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil into a food blender and add basil, cheese, garlic and pine nuts.
- Blend at fairly low speed until mixture is barely chunky.
- Slowly add remaining olive oil while blending to get a smooth consistency.
Based on a recipe from Epicurious.
Up a Level Return to Home Page