Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 dozen bhaji (fritters)
- 1 lb. yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 t. cumin seeds (or black onion seeds)
- 4 oz. gram flour (chick pea flour)
- 1 cup water (or more)
- In a 2 qt. bowl, mix the gram flour, curry and cumin.
- Add enough water to make a thin batter (like for crepes).
- Stir in the sliced onions until well coated with batter.
- Spray cooking oil on two cookie sheets.
- Place about a dozen 2-inch clumps of batter-coated onions on each cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes in a 400. deg. F oven.
- Turn bhaji with a spatula, drizzle a little olive oil on each, and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm (or cooled) with chutney, yogurt, or plain.
Based on a recipe inspired by Chef Tony and by Gerard on a G Adventure trip to Antarctica.
Up a Level Return to Home Page