Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 min.
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup sliced okra (from 8 small pods), with stems removed
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut from 1 cob (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 t. Creole seasoning
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- Choose only okra pods that are 3 inches long or smaller. Longer pods are gummy.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and stir-fry onions 2 minutes.
- Add okra, corn, green pepper, garlic and Creole seasoning.
- Stir-fry until okra starts to brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add oregano and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
Based on a recipe from 7/26/15 San Francisco Chronicle.
Up a Level Return to Home Page