Cooking time: 90 minutes
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 8 oz. lasagna
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 lb. ground beef (10% fat)
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 t. sugar
- 2 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 T. dried parsley flakes
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat water in 4-quart container. Boil pasta 15 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Add garlic, mushrooms and onions. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, break up chunks, and cook 10 more minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, thyme and Creole seasoning. Cover. Simmer sauce 20 minutes.
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking pan spread a layer of cooked lasagna.
- On top if it, spread 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella. Cover with another layer of pasta.
- Repeat with two more layers, ending up with a layer of pasta on top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes in preheated 375.deg F oven. Let rest 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Cut remainder into individual servings and freeze in freezer bags.
Adapted from a recipe on the pasta package.
Up a Level Return to Home Page