Moroccan Chicken with Olives and Lemon
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 2 lb. chicken thighs
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup whole green olives
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 T. chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and simmer onions 10 minutes.
- Add paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add bouillon and chicken, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Turn chicken a few times.
- Add olives, lemon juice and lemon slices. Simmer another minute.
- Serve chicken over rice and top with sauce. Optionally, top with cilantro.
Based on a recipe (from Epicurious) served to us by Jan Reed on Santa Cruz.
Up a Level Return to Home Page