Mojo De Ajo (Garlic roasted in olive oil and lime juice)
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour
Makes: 10 - 12 servings
- 2 large bulbs of garlic
- 5/4 cups olive oil
- 1 lime, about 1/4 cup of juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- Mash each garlic clove with the flat of a knive to pop off the skin. Discard skins.
- Put garlic, olive oil and salt in small baking dish. Make sure oil covers garlic.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes in 325 deg. F oven.
- Stir in lime juice and bake, uncovered, another 20 minutes.
- Mash garlic with potato masher.
- Store in jar with lid in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
From a recipe on the Internet by Rick Bayless.
Up a Level Return to Home Page