Marmalade Nut Bread
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 1.5 hours
Makes: 10 - 12 servings
- 1 medium orange
- 1 lemon
- 6 oz. raw almonds
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 c. mild olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- In a small sauce pan, float the orange and lemon in water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile spread almonds on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes in preheated 325 deg. F oven. Cool.
- When the fruit are cool, slice open and remove all seeds. Remove the lemon pulp but keep the rind.
- Finely chop the whole orange, the lemon rind and almonds in a food processor, almost to a paste.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Put eggs and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until foamy. Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Blend the citrus, almonds, flour and egg mixture until well mixed.
- Spray PAM on a 9-inch Pyrex pie pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake in a 350 deg. F preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
Serve topped with whipped cream or dusted with confectioner's sugar.
I had some extra batter that wouldn't fit in my pie pan so I put it in a small bread pan.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Based on a recipe from Mindy Rex 12/5/18
Up a Level Return to Home Page