Marmalade Nut Bread
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Total cooking time: About 1.5 hours
Makes: 10 - 12 servings
- 1 medium orange
- 1 lemon
- 6 oz. raw almonds
- 1 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 c. mild olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- In a small sauce pan, float the orange and lemon in water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile spread almonds on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes in preheated 325 deg. F oven. Cool.
- When the fruit are cool, slice open and remove all seeds. Remove the lemon pulp but keep the rind.
- Finely chop the whole orange, the lemon rind and almonds in a food processor, almost to a paste.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Put eggs and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until foamy. Gradually blend in the sugar, then the rest of the ingredients.
- Spray PAM on a 9-inch Pyrex pie pan (or into 3 5-inch miniloaf pans) and pour in the batter.
- Bake in a 350 deg. F preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Remove carefully. The bread tends to stick to the bottom of the pans.
Serve topped with whipped cream or dusted with confectioner's sugar. Also good buttered.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze.
Based on a recipe from Mindy Rex 12/5/18
Up a Level Return to Home Page