Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 1/3 cups dry rotini pasta
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 6 oz. Lacinato kale, destemmed, washed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. thinly sliced and diced Manchego cheese
- Heat 4 cups water in a 2-quart pan, add rotini and boil partly covered 10 - 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet, add onions and brown 5 minutes until crispy.
- Add chopped kale and saute 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and heat 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked rotini and serve. Drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.
Up a Level Return to Home Page