Guajillo Chili Sauce
Cooking time: none
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 1/2 cup
- 3 dried guajillo chiles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 t. salt
- Destem and slit open the dried chiles. Remove seeds and veins.
- Heat chiles and seeds in a skillet until fragrant (5 minutes).
- Soak chiles and seeds in warm water 15 minutes until soft.
- Mince chiles and seeds and stir in other ingredients.
- Spoon over grilled or pan-fried chicken or fish
Based on a recipe in the Aug. 2016 Sunset magazine.
Good spread on fish, chicken, omelettes, and as a dip or for spreading on crackers.
Any extra will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Up a Level Return to Home Page