Green Sauce (Cilantro/Lime)
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 4 oz.)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. lime juice
- 6 canned jalapeno pepper rings (2 T.)
- 1 zest from one lime
- 2 T. olive oil
- Wash cilantro and dry. Coarsely chop leaves and stems.
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil in a blender. Puree.
- Slowly add oil to emulsify sauce.
- Can be refrigerated or frozen.
Makes a delicious sauce for fish and omelettes. Good with chips.
Adapted from a recipe from Jesse at the Paulista Brazilian Kitchen & Taproom in Oakland on 6/11/18.
He got it from a restaurant in Miami, which got it from the Cheese Board Collective in Berkeley.
Up a Level Return to Home Page