Cooking time: none
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Makes: 10 - 12 servings
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into halfmoons
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion
- 10 oz. tomatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 6 oz. black olives, drained and halved (like Kalamatas)
- 8 oz. feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 4 oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1 t. dried oregano, crushed finely
- Cut onion in 1/4" thick rings and then cut in half-moons.
- Soak onions in cold water 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine cucumbers, onions, pepper, tomatoes and olives and refrigerate until used.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a closed jar. Shake well.
- Toss with cheese and dressing when ready to serve.
Based on a recipe that Marilyn Handloff brought home from Santorini.
Up a Level Return to Home Page