Grape Walnut Sauce
Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 2 lb. Thompson seedless grapes
- 3 oz. shelled, chopped walnuts
- 1 T. water
- 1 T. corn starch
- Wash and dry grapes. Pick them off stems and puree them.
- Put in 2 quart kettle and simmer 20 minutes with stirring to reduce volume by 1/3.
- Mix corn starch with cold water and add to grape mixture. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped walnuts
Store in refrigerator up to a week.
I tried leaving it on the counter to thicken and it got moldy in 5 days.
Simplified versions of Armenian Rojik and Georgian Chuchkhella
Up a Level Return to Home Page