Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Cooling time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 6 T. water
- 4 T. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 8 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 t. ground pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 8 oz. fusilli (or rotini) pasta
- 1 t. salt
- 2/3 cup dressing
- 4 oz. cooked Italian sausage, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. diced Swiss cheese
- 4 T. pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 T. chopped capers
- 1 T. chopped Italian parsley
- 2 oz. chopped spinach
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a food blender, puree all the dressing ingredients.
- Boil 2 quarts of water, add 1 t. salt and cook pasta 10 - 12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Blend cooked pasta and salad dressing. Cool 30 minutes.
- Mix cooled pasta and other ingredients.
Based on a recipe from Chaparral House, a skilled nursing facility in Berkeley, CA.
Up a Level Return to Home Page