Cooking time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 5 - 6 serving
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 14 oz. can of light coconut milk
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 bouillon cube
- 4 cups water
- 2 t. turmeric powder
- 2 t. curry powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and fry onion and garlic 5 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add corn, lentils, water, coconut milk and bouillon.
- Add turmeric, curry and chili powders and heat to boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes, covered. Uncover and let cool 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the cooled soup.
- Serve topped with Greek yogurt.
Based on a recipe from the Internet. Modeled after a great soup served in a Cairo hotel.
Up a Level Return to Home Page