Drying time: 2 - 3 days
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 quart of dried persimmons
- 1 doz. Hachiya persimmons, orange but not yet soft
- Cut each persimmon into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices in single layer on two cookie sheets.
- Place in oven, heated only by the pilot light.
- My pilot light heats the closed oven to about 110 - 130 deg. F.
- Turn slices once after 12 - 18 hours.
- Remove from oven when slices are dry to the touch.
- Cool and store in plastic bags. They will keep for months.
Up a Level Return to Home Page