Crockpot Beef Stew with Beer
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 5 - 8 hour
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 1 lb. beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 T. flour
- 1/4 t. ground pepper (or cajun seasoning)
- 3 T. mild olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 12 oz. bottle of beer
- 1 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. thyme
- 1/2 t. dried marjoram
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Mix flour and pepper in paper bag. Add beef cubes and shake well to coat.
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in wok (or heavy skillet). Add beef to hot oil, turning to brown all sides. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 T. of olive oil in wok. Stir-fry onion and carrots 10 minutes.
- Put beef, beer, oregano, thyme, marjoram, onions and carrots in slow cooker (CrockPot)
- Cover and cook 4 hours at high setting or 6 - 8 hours at low setting.
- Put remaining flour and 1/2 cup cold water in tightly lidded jar and shake vigorously.
- Add flour/water mixture and tomatoes to stew and cook another 30 minutes on high setting. Add water if too thick.
Up a Level Return to Home Page