Chocolate Brownie Cake
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Makes one mini loaf
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/8 t. ground sea salt
- Preheat a 350 deg. F. oven.
- Set up a double boiler and heat 1/2 inches of water in the lower pot.
- In the upper pot melt the butter and chocolate.
- Using an electric mixer, add in the sugar until blended.
- Then slowly add in the two eggs and finally the flour until blended.
- Using the wrapper from the stick of butter, butter a mini bread pan (4 x 7 inches).
- Pour 1/2 of batter into pan and sprinkle on some sea salt.
- Pour in the rest of the batter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes and remove from pan.
The outside has a crust while the inside is moist, like a brownie.
Based on a recipe from the 5/8/20 San Francisco Chronicle
Up a Level Return to Home Page