Godfrey's Chicken Curry
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. coriander powder
- 1/2 t. cumin powder
- 1/4 t. turmeric powder
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. ginger powder
- 1/4 t. garam masala
- 1/4 t. Creole red pepper seasoning
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Half and Half (cream/milk)
- 12 oz. chicken breast, cut in 1-inch chunks)
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add all dry spices and heat until the oil just starts to bubble. Don't burn the spices.
- Add the onions, tomato, garlic and half and half.
- Add the chicken chunks and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Good served with cooked peas and rice. Our daughter and son-in-law said this recipe "is a keeper".
Based on a recipe by Godfrey Ncube, chef at the Imbabala Lodge, Zimbabwe, who prepared this delicious dish for our group in May, 2015 and generously gave me his recipe.
Up a Level Return to Home Page